Location: Kaloum, Conakry
Event: (Le français suit) Guinean authorities are addressing a major fire at the main fuel depot at Kaloum Port. American citizens are advised to avoid this area and to follow all Government of Guinea directives.
Please understand this is an emerging situation and continue to avoid the area in order to allow access for emergency traffic. Watch and listen for updates here and from the Government of Guinea. Please keep phones and critical equipment charged and operational.
- Avoid demonstrations and crowds.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- Keep travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Guinea.
U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
U.S. Embassy Conakry, Guinea
Phone number: +224-655-10-40-00
Email address: ConakryACS@state.gov