The Consular Section can only accept cash fees in U.S. Dollars or the equivalent in GNF. We regret that we cannot accept checks or credit cards.
If your passport was lost or stolen, you must appear in person to apply for a new U.S. passport and present the following required items. The Consular Section cannot accept incomplete applications.
- Complete and signed Form DS-64 (PDF 84 KB) (Statement Regarding a Lost of Stolen Passport)
- A police report if the passport was stolen.
- Two full-face 2 inch by 2 inch identical color photographs taken within the last six months with a white or light background.
- Proof of citizenship such as an original U.S. birth certificate. If you cannot obtain proof of citizenship, the Consular Section can access previous passport applications to verify your citizenship.
- Proof of identity, such as a photo identification card.
- ACS Fee for the passport issuance and execution charges. The fee must be paid in cash dollars or the equivalent in GNF. The exchange rate is set weekly by the U.S. Embassy. The Consular cashier will inform you of the rate at the time of your application.
To prevent identity theft, please report any lost or stolen passports as quickly as possible. If you find a passport that was reported lost or stolen, it is invalid and cannot be used for travel.