On March 15 the U.S. Department of Defense issued a travel advisory that places restrictions on unofficial, i.e., personal, travel by Department of Defense personnel to Senegal, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana and Guinea until June 30, 2016. These restrictions only apply to active duty and civilian employees of the Department of Defense. The U.S. Embassy reminds U.S. citizens the importance of practicing good security habits, to be aware of your surroundings, and to remain vigilant at all times.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warning, Travel Alerts and Country Specific Information for Guinea.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Conakry, located at Transversale No. 2, Centre Administratif de Koloma, opposite the RTG building in Ratoma, Conakry, Guinea at +(224) 655-10-4000, Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(224) 657-10-4311.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.