The embassy is receiving reports of closed roads, demonstrations, and confrontations in/around Medina and broader Conakry, and advises U.S. citizens to defer of non-essential travel in the city.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Guinea.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Guinea, along T2 off the Bambeto Roundabout in the Centre Aministratif de Koloma, Commune de Ratoma, at +224 655 104 444, from 08:00 a.m. to 16:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The weekend, holiday and after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is (+224) 655-104-444, or (+224) 657-104-040, and ask to speak to the Duty Officer. To call from the U.S, please dial: 00 224 655-104-444. The U.S. Embassy website is https://gn.usembassy.gov/.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.