The U.S. Embassy has received reports of demonstrations and roadblocks in Boke Region relating to the lack of electricity. Avoid travel to Boke Region until the demonstrations end and the roadblocks have been lifted.
Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Avoid areas where demonstrations are taking place and exercise caution when in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warning, Travel Alerts and Country Specific Information for Guinea.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the S. Embassy in Conakry, located at Transversale No. 2, Centre Administratif de Koloma, opposite the RTG building in Ratoma, Conakry, Guinea at +(224) 655-10-4000, Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(224) 657-10-4311.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.