Location: Conakry, Guinea
Event: Heightened Middle East Tensions
There is heightened tension in the Middle East that may result in security risks to U.S. citizens abroad.
Out of an abundance of caution, U.S. Embassy personnel have been instructed to review their travel patterns and remain alert, especially in areas frequented by foreigners.
The Embassy will continue to review the security situation and will provide additional information as needed.
Actions to Take:
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Guinea.
U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
U.S. Embassy Conakry, Guinea
+(224) 65-10-40-00 (after hours)
State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444