Location: Rue le Prince Corriodor, particularly Bambeto and Circle near Kakimbo Towers
Event: The U.S. Embassy notes reports of continued protest activity, including at the entry to Kakimbo Towers. U.S. citizens are advised to avoid these areas and use alternate routes as necessary. U.S. citizens resident at Kakimbo Towers are advised to shelter in place until the activity ceases. If you encounter protest activity, please move away from the area.
Actions To Take:
- Avoid demonstrations and crowds.
- Carry a fully charged cell phone.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- Keep travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Guinea.
U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.