Location: Rue le Prince Corriodor, particularly between Bambeto and Hamdalaye Circles
Event: The U.S. Embassy notes reports of protest activity with sporadic gunfire. U.S. citizens are advised to avoid these areas, and use alternate routes as necessary. If you encounter protest activity, please move away from the area.
- Avoid demonstrations and crowds.
- Carry a fully charged cell phone.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- Keep travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Guinea.
U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
U.S. Embassy Conakry, Guinea
Phone number: +224-655-10-40-00
Email address: ConakryACS@state.gov
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444