The U.S. Embassy in Guinea is excited to announce the 2021 Martin Luther King Jr. video oratory contest. We invite Guinean nationals to submit a video inspired by Dr. King’s famous 1963 speech – “I Have a Dream Speech.” In the video, contestants should highlight our interdependence as a people and demonstrate how communities are strengthened through unity.
- The competition is open to Guinean nationals only, aged 18-29 years
- Videos must be original and mp4 format.
- Videos should be in French and English.
- Videos should only be 2 minutes in length.
- Black & White and color videos are accepted – Videos that do not comply with the above specifications will NOT be considered.
- Submitters MUST Like us on Facebook and Follow us on twitter and Instagram
- Submit videos as attachment to PASConakry@state.gov or as an Youtube video link and include your name, age, gender and community organization/project.
- Submission deadline January 15, 2021 by 23:59 GMT.
Videos will be judged by a panel of U.S. Embassy staff. Criteria for judging the videos include, but are not limited to: relevance to the contest title, originality, creativity, and innovation. The best French video and English Video will be selected. The panel will select the top three videos. These will be posted on the Embassy’s Facebook page for fans to offer their input. The videos with the highest input and judges’ score will be named as the winner.
The winners will receive a gift prize. Finalists will be posted on U.S. Embassy Guinea’s social media platforms.
Like our Facebook page
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram