An official website of the United States government

May 23, 2021

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Direction of Judicial and Consular Affairs, Consular Division, Foreign Section, performs all marriages of foreigners in Guinea.  The MFA is located in downtown Conakry, near the port and the Islamic League.

Tel: +224-30-41-33-42/+224-30-43-37-41/+224-30-43-39-13

This information is provided as a service to American Citizens who wish to get married in Guinea.  Please note that these documents are required by the Guinean government, not by the U.S. Embassy.  The U.S. Embassy provides no assistance with this process.

The following documents must be provided by foreigners who wish to marry in Guinea:

  • A written request addressed to the Ministre à la Présidence Chargé des Affaires Etrangères;
  • Two photos of each person (bride and groom);
  • A copy of each person’s birth certificate;
  • Le Certificat Prénuptial:  This certificate is issued by any doctor and states the subject’s physical fitness for marriage.
  • If the bride is Guinean, her parents must provide an official consent form that has been stamped by the Commisariat de Police;
  • Proof of employment, either in Guinea or abroad;
  • Photocopy of the first four pages of your passport and the page with the Guinean visa.