Many US citizens are arriving for their appointments late and/or unprepared. Please remember that our resources are extremely limited, and we cannot assist those who arrive unprepared or with incorrect or missing documentation. Current appointment wait times are over one month for passport applications and almost two months for CRBA applications. If you arrive unprepared you will be required to make a new appointment.
The biggest issues have been:
- Applicants who arrive late. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time to clear security. Late arrivals will not be admitted.
- Making an appointment for an incorrect service. If you make an appointment for a service other than the one you require, we will not be able to assist you.
- Incorrectly formatted photographs. Be sure to tell the person taking your photograph that you need photographs for a US passport application. Specifications for passport photos are found here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/photos.html
- Applicants who arrive without correct forms completed. The consular section cannot complete forms for you, assist you in completing your forms, or allow applicants to sit in the waiting room to complete forms. You must be fully prepared when you arrive for your appointment.
Major reasons photos are rejected:
a. Incorrectly sized or formatted photos.
b. Photos older than six months.
c. Hats and head coverings may not be worn unless you wear always wear them and can sign a sworn statement to that effect.
d. Eyeglasses may not be worn
e. Photos that have been enhance/changed/color corrected and no longer match the applicant’s true appearance will be rejected.
The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Conakry Guinea has a limited number of appointments available for the following services:
- renew an expired U.S. passport or one which will expire prior to December 31, 2020;
- report a U.S. passport that has been lost or stolen and apply for a new one;
- replace a limited validity appointment issued as an emergency;
- apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
- Notarization of the DS-3053 Statement of Consent for execution of a child’s U.S. passport application.
Use the passport wizard here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/forms.html to find the correct forms and fees for your passport application.
If the passport renewal request is for a minor child, BOTH parents must be present with the child for the application. If both parents are not in Guinea please read the requirements on our website at https://gn.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/passports-children-age-16/ before contacting us for an appointment.
For applications for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, please review the eligibility requirements for transmitting your citizenship to your child. These are found on our website: https://gn.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/child-family-matters/crba/ and use the attached checklist to prepare before making an appointment.
Ensure that you make the correct appointment for the service you need. We will not honor incorrect appointments. For example, if you use a passport appointment slot and come in to apply for a Consular Report of Birth, we will not accept the application. If you use a passport or Report of Birth appointment slot for a service we are not currently offering, we will not provide that service.
Please insure you are prepared for your appointment with the correct forms, fees and photos or your application will not be accepted, and you will have to make a new appointment.
Make an appointment at https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/default.asp?postcode=CRY&appcode=1
These are the only services we can provide at this time. We will notify U.S. citizens via STEP messages when we are able to provide additional services.
Please email us at ConakryACS@state.gov with any questions.
U.S. Embassy Conakry, Guinea
Email address: ConakryACS@state.gov
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Guinea Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter