Event: COVID-19 Embassy Operations and Travel Restrictions
There are two confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Guinea.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of US personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak the Peace Corps have evacuated all their Volunteers from Guinea.
The government of Guinea has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. There are few current options for air travel into or out of Guinea to the U.S., or to most other countries. U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. Guinea has barred admission to travelers who have recently visited any country with more than 30 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Visit our website for additional information on these new measures.
Effective March 20, U.S. Embassy Conakry has suspended routine consular services, including immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments and all DNA testing. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Actions to Take:
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Guinea.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Conakry, Guinea
- Transversale No. 2
- Centre Administratif de Koloma
- Commune de Ratoma
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Guinea Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter