2020-2021 HUMPHREY FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
Leaders for a Global Society
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program provides ten months of non-degree academic study and related professional experiences in the United States. Humphrey Fellows are selected based on their potential for leadership and their commitment to public service in either the public or the private sector. The Humphrey Program fosters a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues of common concern in the United States and the Fellows’ home countries. The Program offers Fellows valuable opportunities for leadership development and professional engagement with Americans and their counterparts from many nations. Humphrey Fellowships are awarded competitively to candidates who are mid-career professionals in many fields.
Applicants are required to have an undergraduate degree, a minimum of five years of substantial, full-time, professional experience, limited or no prior experience in the United States, demonstrated leadership qualities, a record of public service in the community, and strong English skills.
Basic Eligibility Criteria
- An undergraduate degree (at least the equivalent of four (4) years of university study and the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree).
- A minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- A record of public service in the community
- English language ability
- Be Guinean citizens who are resident in Guinea and demonstrate a clear commitment to return to Iraq at the conclusion of their program.
Deadlines: The official deadline to submit your preliminary application and your TOEFL test score is April 30, 2020.
All applications received will be screened and ONLY short-listed applicants will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Please direct questions to ConakryPD@state.gov for more information.
Please click on the link below to download the preliminary application form: https://gn.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/218/2020-2021-Humphrey-Fulbright-Preliminary-Application-Form.pdf