Demonstration Alert – U. S. Embassy Conakry, Guinea; June 25, 2019
Event: The Guinean National Football team is participating in the Africa Cup tournament between 21 June 2019 and 19 July 2019.
On days and times when the Guinean team plays, expect deteriorating traffic conditions before and after the game. If power cuts occur and interrupt the game, significant unrest, including youths blocking traffic, burning tires, and throwing rocks can be expected.
Please note days and times the Guinean team will be playing and plan your travel accordingly.
On Wednesday, June 26, 2019 pickup for issued US passports and visas has been cancelled. US passports and visas can be picked up during normal Friday pickup hours, from 10 a.m. until noon.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds;
- Be aware of your surroundings;
- Avoid demonstrations.
U.S. Embassy Conakry, Guinea
Phone number: +224-65-10-40-00
Email address: ConConakry@state.gov
State Department Consular Affairs – 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Guinea.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Conakry, located at Transversale No. 2, Centre Administratif de Koloma, opposite the RTG building in Ratoma, Conakry, Guinea, and is open Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Friday 7:30 a.m. to1:30 p.m. You may also call 657-10-4444 during normal business hours, 657-10-4311 during after-hours for emergencies.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.