Demonstration Alert – U.S. Embassy Conakry, Guinea (March 13, 2018)
Location: Greater Conakry
Event: Sporadic violent demonstrations due to the impending announcement of election results and in reaction to the teacher’s strike. Roads are temporarily blocked and demonstrators are throwing rocks at drivers.
U.S. Government personnel has been told to limit non-essential travel within Conakry.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid demonstrations
- Avoid crowds
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Review your personal security plans
- Monitor local media for updates
- U.S. Embassy Conakry, Guinea: +(224) 655-10-4000, +(224) 657-10-4311 (after hours), ConConakry@state.gov, U.S. Embassy Conakry Website
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Guinea Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveller Enrollment Program (STEP)
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter