Due to reports of multiple protests with some violence and deaths reported on Monday, October 14, 2019, and more protests planned in Conakry and throughout Guinea for the week of October 14, the U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to remain cautious in any movements outside of residences and hotels during this period, and to remain inside residences and hotels after dark.
- Avoid demonstrations and crowds.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- Keep travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Guinea.
U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- U.S. Embassy Conakry, Guinea
Phone number: +224-65-10-40-00
Email address: ConConakry@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444