NOTICE REGARDING SOCIAL SECURITY SERVICES
The Social Security Administration (SSA) has consolidated its overseas operations into several regional offices that provide a full range of SSA services for U.S. citizens residing outside of the United States. Effective October 1, 2017, individuals residing in Guinea who require social security services or have questions about SSA benefits must contact the SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) located in Paris, rather than U.S. Embassy Conakry.
Please, be advised that as of October 1, Embassy Conakry can no longer accept telephone calls, emails, or walk-in consultations regarding Social Security issues.
For more information or any questions about the services provided at the FBU in Paris and how to contact them, please visit https://www.ssa.gov/foreign/. You can reach them by phone at 331-4312-2705 or by email at FBU.Paris@ssa.gov.
For comprehensive information on SSA’s services abroad, please visit SSA’s webpage, “Service Around the World.”
If you are already receiving SSA benefits payments, there will be no change in the method of distribution of those payments.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warning, Travel Alerts and Country Specific Information for Guinea.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Conakry, located at Transversale No. 2, Centre Administratif de Koloma, opposite the RTG building in Ratoma, Conakry, Guinea at +(224) 655-10-4000, Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Friday 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(224) 657-10-4311.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.