Event: Special Chartered Flight departing on Thursday, April 2, 2020 is fully booked
All seats have been filled on the special chartered flight for U.S. citizens and U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents scheduled to depart Conakry on Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 1415 for Dulles Airport. Please continue to monitor these messages as we continue to make every effort to arrange additional flights.
Please do not call or email us asking for status; we will contact you before noon tomorrow, March 31 via email if you are confirmed for a seat on this flight.
All confirmed passengers will need to reimburse the U.S. Government for the flight, and a promissory note for approximately $1,137.00 must be signed at the airport before boarding. No cash or credit card payments will be accepted. You will be responsible for any arrangements or costs (lodging, onward destination or local transportation, etc.) beyond your initial destination in the U.S.
Again, unless you receive an email confirming your flight, please do not come to the airport. Only those with email confirmations will be permitted to fly. Confirmations will be sent no later than noon on Tuesday, March 31, and we will continue to supply additional information to confirmed passengers as soon as information is available.
On March 19, 2020 the Department of State issued a Level 4”Do Not Travel” Global Health Alert to U.S. citizens.
Given the closure of airports and reduction of flight options worldwide, U.S. citizens should be prepared to remain outside the United States for an extended period.
- Please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) website for the latest information on COVID-19.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Guinea.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Visit Keeping workplaces, homes, schools, or commercial establishments safe.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Guinea.
- U.S. Embassy Conakry, Guinea
Phone number: +224-655-10-40-00
Email address: ConakryACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444