Do not travel to Guinea due to COVID-19 and Ebola. Exercise increased caution due to civil unrest.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for Guinea due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in the country. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Guinea.
Do Not Travel To:
- N’Zerekore region due to Ebola.
Country Summary: Demonstrations occur frequently throughout the country and are often sporadic and unplanned, making it difficult to predict the size, route, or level of violence or congestion that may occur.
Any demonstration may turn violent, resulting in injuries and even fatalities. Demonstrators may attack vehicles that attempt to pass through or around the protests, resulting in serious injuries and vehicular damage. Criminals are known to take advantage of the resulting traffic congestion to rob drivers, passengers, and pedestrians. Uniformed security forces may also extort drivers and passengers during these incidents.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Guinea:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s webpage regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Avoid demonstrations and crowds.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and be prepared to adjust your plans.
- Keep travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Guinea.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
N’Zerekore Region: Level 4 – Do Not Travel
Southeastern Guinea is experiencing an Ebola virus outbreak, with confirmed cases in N’Zerekore region. The CDC issued a Level 3 Travel Notice for Ebola in Guinea.
- U.S. Embassy Conakry, Guinea
Phone number: +224-655-10-40-00 (U.S. citizen emergencies only)
Email address: ConakryACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Guinea Country Information and Travel Advisory page
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter